However, there are a few pointers that you need to keep in mind while wearing and using the sling so that your baby is as safe and comfortable as you are.
- Make sure that your child is able to breathe freely. Keep checking on them regularly.
- The sling fabric or any other obstruction may lead to difficulty while breathing, so make sure it is not covering your baby's face.
- See to it that your child is not placed too low on the sling. (Too low = below belly button)
- Make sure that your baby's chin is not curled up against her chest. Babies don't have a lot of muscle control when they are small.
- Consciously avoid any strenuous activity like jumping, jogging or running with the baby on a sling. Rigorous physical activity may damage their spine or neck.
- Every time you are going to fasten the carrier/sling onto your body, make sure that the belt is in good condition and buckles are sturdy.
- You should always have your free arm around your baby, even with the sling on.
- Do not use the sling to hold anything other than the baby. It may poke your child.
- And lastly, stay away from fire and water with the baby in a sling. This means no cooking or cleaning the pool.
yowoto recommends you always carry your baby in the front; this will make it a lot easier for you to take care of your him/her.
Know of any great baby sling brands? Do drop in a word in the comments section. A lot of mothers and fathers could benefit from the information you share.