During pregnancy, even the sight of those dreaded pills is enough to make you want to throw up. That's the moment you miss your naani and daadi the most, don't you? Ta-da! Here's one doting naani to the rescue...
1. Morning sickness or nausea: Feel like throwing up the moment you wake up? Take two drops of fennel, lavender and sandalwood oil and mix them with 100ml of carrier oil. Massage this mixture on your abdomen, every four to five hours. Prepare this mixture before you go to sleep, so that you don't have to toil in the morning.
2. Cold: Saline drops help a great deal. Take one-quarter teaspoon of salt in one glass of water. Stir till the salt disappears. With the help of a clean dropper dispense a few drops in each nostril. Blow your nose after five minutes, and you can breathe easily again! Saltwater gargles help too.
3. Swelling: Drink a glass of buttermilk at least thrice a day. This will not only reduce the swelling on your feet but will also help in digestion. Alternatively, you can also soak 15-20 sesame seeds in water overnight, and drink that water on an empty stomach in the morning.
4. Constipation: Mix some ginger powder in your food on a regular basis, to help relieve constipation. You can also have it in the form of ginger tea and ale. Another quick remedy item is dates, as it plays the same part. Stay hydrated and eat lots of fruits that are rich in fibre such as oranges, grapes, plums, and bananas.
5. Difficulty in sleeping: Take a nice long bath in warm water. Before going to bed, have a glass of warm milk or a cup of chamomile tea to relax your nerves. You can add two drops of lavender oil to two drops of grapeseed oil and ask your husband to give you a lower back, neck and shoulder massage. This will definitely put you to sleep like a baby.
6. Fatigue: Mix two drops of sandalwood or chamomile and lavender or neroli oil to your bucket of warm water. Take a bath and you'll leave the bathroom feeling rejuvenated.
7. Leg Cramps: Soak your legs in warm water before going to bed. You can also add peppermint for instant relief. This should help loosen your calf muscles and prevent swelling and cramps during the night.
8. Headache: Rub one drop of lavender oil and peppermint oil on your forehead. You can also use a towel soaked in warm water and place it on your face, eyes and forehead. Or a cold one at the back of your neck.
9. Heartburn: An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, but a severe heartburn too. Have an apple, and after 10-20 minutes, you will experience a series of burps. Try a teaspoon of mustard or some almonds soaked in water.