This process, as claimed by those who have tried it, can be one of the most defining moments in one's life. It is labour and childbirth without medical intervention where no drugs are given to relieve pain or aid the birth process.
There are several advantages of this natural process of giving birth:
- This process does not include any kind of medication for pain relief, thus, leaves little chance of side effects like nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, dizziness, and more.
- As there are no pain relievers involved, the mother is completely alert and responds to instructions faster.
- Pain experienced during the process guides the mother to decide the best position for birthing.
- Women, who follow this route, take less time to recuperate.
- Lastly, another huge advantage of natural childbirth is that mothers and their babies can easily get started with the next important process, i.e. breastfeeding.
While there are many benefits, one cannot dismiss certain disadvantages, natural birthing comes with.
- When administered an epidural, the pain is less, which helps the mother save energy, in case she is in for a particularly long labour.
- It can lead to more blood loss, giving rise to further complications. Hence, always consult your doctor before zeroing in on the process.
Have any doubts or questions to ask, feed them in the comments section. We will bring you the best expert advice possible. Want to share that beautiful moment with us? We'll be happy to know about it. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.